Go Back   Pot Forums > General > General Pot Discussion

Old 11-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Default Rangers Howard Johnson hoping to avoid f

Former MLB All-Star Howard Johnson is recovering at an Arizona hospitalafter being hit in the face by a foul line driveSaturday.Johnson suffered several fractures to his left cheekbone but hopes toavoid surgery to repair his facial injuries.I want to thank Adrian Gonzalez Jersey all of you for the prayers and support since my unfortunate beaning on Sat. Im blown away by it all. Hopefully I wont need surgery and I can get back to doing what I love. I Yasiel Puig Jersey wish I could thank every one in person. My heart is truly full... Howard Johnson (@20Hojo) March 26, 2018The 57-year-old Johnson, now the hitting instructor for theRangers' Triple-A team in Round Rock, Texas, was standing in thedugout when he washit by a line drive off the bat Alex Wood Jersey ofIndians shortstop Erik Gonzalez.According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the ball struck Johnson on his left cheekbone just below his eye. After being tended to for 10 minutes, he was carried off the field on a stretcher.wow. prayers going out to rangers AAA coach howard johnson as he Joc Pederson Jersey just took a foul ball to the face off the bat or Erik Gonzalez. #SpringTraining #Rangers #Indians pic.twitter.com/Jw1wFTJ8NC Zach (@zw10bc) March 24, 2018Rangers manager Jeff Banister told the Star-Telegramhe saw the ball strike Johnson."I'd actually turned and was looking down that way," Banister said. "All in all, the reports right now are generally positive. Obviously, our prayers are with him."Nicknamed "HoJo," the third baseman/shortstop played 14 seasons in the majors, spendingnine of those years with the Mets. The two-time All-Star played on two World Series championship teams, the 1984 Tigers and 1986 Mets. He finished his career Clayton Kershaw Jersey with 228 home runs and a .786 OPS.