Go Back   Pot Forums > General > General Pot Discussion

Old 12-26-2018, 04:08 PM

Default Phillies manager to Ryan Howard Hit bett

Ryan Howard was Javier Baez Womens Cool Base Jersey once the star of the Phillies, anAll-Star in 2006, '09 and '10. Now he's mainly warming benches.His playing time started to dwindle near the end of last season and he didn't play at all in the team's final17 games. When speaking to the media Tuesday,Phillies manager Pete Mackanin had a very simple me sage for Howard.MORE: 10 worst designated hitters of all time |NL's anti-DH argumentis outdatedYouve got to play better," he said, via the Philly Voice. "If you want to play every day, you have to show me you can play better, you can hit better. That determines a lot. If you show me you cant, or youre not hitting better, than youre not Addison Russell Jersey going to play."The Phillies have other options at first base, such as Darin Ruf. Last season, Ruf hit better, so it's only natural that Mackanin feels comfortable playing him over the 36-year-oldHoward. Mackanin did say it was a "difficult situation" given Howard's previous succe s with the team, but he's just not the same player.At this point in time, like I said, Im going to have a discu sion with Ryan and Im going to tell him that if you want to face lefties, youve got to hit them better," he said. "If you dont hit them better, Im going to platoon. Its basically what were looking at. Its gotten to that point.And if it comes to that, I think it could be helpful to Ryan and to Darin Ruf. Once again, its hard for me to justify not playing someone who led in OPS in the major leagues against left-handed pitchers (.418) and thats Ron Santo Jersey Darin Ruf. Its hard for me not to play that guy when Ive got that guy sitting there to try to win games.