Go Back   Pot Forums > General > General Pot Discussion

Old 01-07-2019, 08:48 AM

Default Katie Ledecky gives gold medals to Bryce

It may have taken Katie Ledecky a while to get through the metal detector at Nationals Park on Wednesday. Or maybe we should call it a medal detector.Fresh off winning four gold medals and a silver at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Ledecky was at Nationals Park to throw out the first pitch before Wednesday's game between the Nationals and Orioles.MORE: Worst celebrity Mark Melancon Jersey first pitches Ledecky, who was born in Washington, D.C., but grew up in nearby Bethesda, Md., got a little help from Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, who held her medals during the ceremonial first pitch.MORE: Michael Phelps asks Ledecky for autograph Bryce Harper held Katie Ledecky's medals for her as she threw out the first pitch: pic.twitter.com/ePqZsIzRok Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) August 24, 2016 Once Ledecky was ready, she to sed a perfect strike to the plate, where pitcher Shawn Buster Posey Jersey Kelley caught it.The to s was better than the first pitch Ledecky threw in 2014, which was pretty high. Maybe the 19-year-old somehow found time to practice her baseball skills while out of the pool. She definitely improved in the water after winning one gold medal at the London Olympics in 2012. She had much more fanfare Wednesday.Katie Ledecky first pitch pic.twitter.com Madison Bumgarner Womens Orange Jersey /CB7PchSf35 Stephen Whyno (@SWhyno) August 24, 2016 "It was kind of a different feeling for me to have them be a fan of me when I've been a huge fan of theirs," she said, viaCSN Mid-Atlantic .That's probably because she was likely the most accomplished athlete in the stadium.